Wednesday, March 16, 2011

John 3:16 Day

hmmmm... I quoted it today in reply to a post  about the author's thoughts on those who don't believe as "I" [he] does;
My understanding of Christianity is your believing as I do should really read as believing in him, for example; God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should … have eternal life” (John 3:16) and that judging anyone’s belief in comparison to yours would be an act of self-love that would land you in trouble come God’s judgement on our depth of belief.
Pretty weird given I'm not one to quote the Bible much, if ever; but this talk of Love and Salvation in the UU blogosphere turned me too reading Deus Caritas Est where Der Panzer Kardinal quotes John in the beginning of the Encyclical. You'd think he and coauthor JP would know more than most Love's in short supply sometimes. It's not always on our side.

No comments: