Thursday, December 08, 2011

A History of Violence

A History of Violence: From the End of the Middle Ages to the Present. By Robert Muchembled. Polity388 pages; £60. To be published in America in January; $29.95 Buy from Amazon.comAmazon.co.uk

I haven't read it but it's on the The Economist's xmas book list.  It fits my sense of the trend since 1989 although counter to most of the gloom vibes I get from fellow UUs.

The Economist's review here


Also,


The Quantum Universe: Everything That Can Happen Does Happen. By Brian Cox and Jeff Forshaw. Allen Lane; 255 pages; £20. To be published in America in January by Da Capo Press; $25. Buy from Amazon.comAmazon.co.uk

I suspect that should be titled Everything That Can Happen Did Happen and maybe the young earth crowd may be closer than reality than Darwinists when it comes to time.

But I haven't read this book yet either.

The Economist's review here.

No comments: