Monday, December 12, 2011

New Poll: UUA leading from behind?

A new poll before the results of the coming results on Church memberships although the indicators not looking good.

I had hoped for a more aggressive move on prompting Church building, and instead have seen mostly reactive moves on what seem to me ill fated moves e.g. UUA's expression of support to Occupy, and the earlier deliberations around Arizona's Immigration law and the location of General Assembly. Both decisions seemed to take UUA some time to pull together. I don't know how they fit with a strategy of growing our Churches. So they seem to me examples of leading from behind. And I don't know, if you have problems with authority, maybe that's as it should be. But it doesn't strike me as leadership.

The Poll to the right.

No comments: